Thread: newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 11, 2008, 08:16 AM

Welcome to our forum

Hi Audrey, welcome to the best place for you to be at this time in your life.

You are going to find lots of family here. We are many and we know what you are going through. There is a lot of information available to help you navigate this decease. Just read as many posts as you can. And if you have specific questions, just ask, there is bound to be someone that can answer it for you.

We all share the fear that goes along with this little known decease. And because it is little known people will ask questions that seem harsh. But that's not their fault, they just have never heard of it before. So don't let that upset you. Inform yourself about the decease so that you can educate them. Along with everything else going on in your life at this time, educating others will not end.

Hopefully you will be able to complete your career and retire with full benefits, you deserve it. Thanks for your service to our country. My wife is the one with MDS and fortunately for us I retired with 20 years. Without the military service I would be in dire straights with little or no health and financial support.

Feel free to contact me anytime and I will help you in everyway I know how.

God Bless
Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.