Thread: newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2008, 12:06 PM

It is funny how we react to comments and responses from people and how they respond when they see us.

I went through a period when I hated going anywhere, even to the post office because of the shock of my appearance and the comments.

I compete with my dogs and back in the summer before I started taking the VPA and I needed another tx. My husband was kind enough to force me to go watch an agility trial, we even took one of my dogs and my Hub drove me bc I was unable to make such a long drive myself.

There is a woman that doesn't like me, I have known this for years and I am fine with that, not everyone can like each other or get along etc.

So here we are at the trial, sitting there watching when she runs over being very concerned and so terribly NICE, when in the past she wouldn't have said Hello if she had fallen over me.
I sat there being polite but inside very annoyed taking an attitude of 'Don't be nice to me now just because I am sick and look like I am on deaths door.
The interesting thing about it now is the fact that while on the VPA, I am looking and feeling normal, and she has now gone back to being the same way as she was from the past.

I am sure we all feel the same way, we don't want special attention, we don't want pity and we don't want people nor need people to give false sympathies.

When I was dx, I was sent a lovely huge arrangement of flowers to my home and I hated those flowers. It had nothing to do with the person that sent them, I phoned them later and thanked them. I hated those flowers for the simple reason that why did I have to be so sick that anyone felt the need to send me flowers.
And I have decided that I need to send cards, flowers, a short note or a phone call to friends and family when they are well, just letting them know I am thinking of them and appreciate them and not wait until something terrible happens in their lives.......

Ok, done my rant for now