View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 13, 2012, 04:45 AM

MDS centers of excellence

Hi Birgitta-A,
FYI, about Dr Lim from "MDS centers of excellence" in Singapore, unfortunately he left SGH. The guest relations helped me to find another doctor, Dr Aloysius Ho which interested in MDS .

http://www.mds-foundation.org/mds-ce...of-excellence/

Actually i checked all the hematologist profile in SGH, i only found Dr Aloysius Ho profile with interest in MDS.

I consulted a professor in one of the Malaysia University that did some research on MDS back to year 2006. According to her, there is no MDS expert in Malaysia but most of the hematologist are well versed with the disease. To be honest, so far i have not met one yet.

I am not sure whether there is MDS expert in Singapore or not. Seems to me it is very slim chances that i could find one. Anyway i will try the hematologist with MDS clinical focus in Malaysia first, if he still cant help us to conclude whether my mom has MDS or not, then i have to go to Singapore SGH to find out.
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015

Last edited by teo : Wed Oct 31, 2012 at 10:43 PM.