View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 17, 2012, 10:14 PM

Hi Birgitta-A,

Thanx for the tips about avoiding to absorb more iron to the body and how to get a simple kidney and heart tests . Appreciate that

About the BT on 2 packs/month for my mom, it will increase the HB to around 11 or 12 plus from 7 as we observed so far. With this HB levels, at least my mom does not feel weak for a month. By reducing the BT to only 1 pack, that might last for 2 weeks, just guessing at the moment. For sure we prefer my mom to have less BT as possible.

Yesterday my sister told me that she heard from a cancer patient telling her "wheatgrass" might be able to help to boost up my mom immune system. As i am currently in Japan, ask the local, there were 2 types of "wheatgrass" available in japan. One with very high Iron + many other vitamins (oomugivskale) and the other one with very low iron + many other vitamins (kale). For my mom, i plan to get her the "kale" as she has high iron overload.

Just wondering anybody try "wheatgrass" before ? If you did, much appreciated if you can share your experience with me. Thanx in advance.

http://www.aojirurealreview.com/hika...ugivskale.html ---> composition tables comparison for the 2 "wheatgrass" that are available in Japan.
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015