View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 07:45 PM

Thank you Data and bailie.

I talked to the id dr. about it and told him my hematologist had set a threshold and that I really didn't think it was necessary to get platelets. I told him I thought they would just drop again next week if they even took and that I didn't think the hematologist wanted me to start getting platelets every week. I told him I wasn't bleeding anywhere and explained why I had agreed to get them when I was in the hospital over Christmas.

I also said if I did have to go in that I wanted to go the infusion center instead and not the ER because of the flu and norovirus.

He said he would not comment on it, but would send a note to the on call dr. who called my telling her what I decided. He didn't really try to talk me into it other than saying my platelets were at 14. I am hoping if the on call dr. is concerned enough, she will call hematology before calling me back.

I get my pretests next week for the transplant. I am sure I will be getting another phone call after that CBC too.