View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 4, 2017, 12:26 PM

Hi Bailie,

On both occasions they had a good old poke about! The second biopsy took place at King's a centre of excellence in London & was taken over by 2 other doctors when they couldn't find what they were looking for!

The 'dry tap' I suppose, just backs up the low cellularity findings in the trephine sample.

I've spent a great deal of time over the years, researching my neutrophil levels & bone marrow status. Have driven myself around the bend trying to self diagnose with the help of Dr Google!

I've now put my trust completely in the excellent haematology department at Kings College, London. Don't get me wrong, it's still very frustrating not knowing where I'm headed but I believe they're on the case & everything is being done to find me some answers. Due in part to it being a research facility who take on complex cases from around the UK.

However, I can't resist the occasional look on here to see if there's anyone else like me. There's also the possibility that with this being an international forum, the UK could be beaten to the post in the search for answers

19 BMB's Bailie? What a feat! From your signature I can see that you've been on one hell of a journey. I wish you a happy & healthy new year