View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 12, 2011, 10:11 AM

Take a deep breath

Hi Laura;
I agree with Cheri, take a deep breath and hold off on what could be or couldn't be. Your appointment is soon and you've had one CBC to look at your platelets which are 65. With my wife there usually is no transfusion of platetelets till 30 so if you are worried maybe get another CBC to see where the platelets are going. Look for signs of bleeding and if you feel you need an emergency transfusion of platelets you can go to emergency and they can do a further assesment.
Without knowing much about your situation I think you are on the right track.
Also, don't feel bad about pushing a few button here and there with the medical support system. Doctors, whether they are the best in the world or a regular GP expect you to take control and initiate actions, ask questions, look for answers, etc.
All the best at your appointment on the 15th.
Stand Strong Laura.
Wife 63, June 2010 MDS (refr anemia - excess blasts type-2) PLTs 11,000/μl with giant forms 2 TF/wk. Hgb kept at 80g/l with 1TF per 2 weeks. 9% blasts 2 cytogenic abnormalities del(5)(q22q35) + inv(20)(p11.23q11.21) 3 cycles Vidaza no effect. June 2011 to AML WBC to 67 blasts and Aur rods in blood.