View Single Post
Old Mon May 6, 2013, 12:17 AM

Hi.. I had my transplant on march 6th this year. My original blood type was B+ and my donor was A+ and unfortunately only an 8/10 match but my time had run out hoping for a better match. Currently my blood type is in the process of changing over and while my white blood counts and platelets are in normal range I am struggling to make red blood cells. So when needed for time being I get transfusions with 0 type blood (the universal type). Doctors are happy so far and consider this normal and even said he didn't expect me to start converting so soon. I am only day +60 so haven't had a biopsy yet to show definitely what is happening in there. I know the doctor said they would watch me for longer & closer because I had a 'mismatch transplant'. So while definitely not ideal, for me it was worth a shot! Good luck finding a match.