View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 6, 2016, 12:20 PM

More accurate the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post

Also, I was curious as to what additional information they were trying to obtain by having a more accurate chimerism test. It seems like you are pretty much 100% donor, or you are not, and you are either trending toward it or away from it, so what is the benefit of knowing down to a more precise percentage? When I have seen other members post a chimerism that was falling or rising, it was usually pretty precipitous in decline, and firmly upward when rising.
Dan,
I think anytime you can have a more accurate test, it is to your advantage. I think that is the idea behind the test in this study. Their idea is a that a chimerism of less that 90% or one that is falling is indicative of a higher chance of relapse. If the test is more accurate, it would follow that the prognosis of relapse would be more accurate.

Cheers

Data