Thread: bleeding
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 2, 2007, 10:31 PM

Vancomycin, yes

Hi Linda,

Good to hear that he is home! Best place to be. My mother so badly wants to be home too, but Physical Therapy will be necessary once she gets better (power of positive thinking, right?). She is still not out of the woods.

She was also taking the Vancomycin for several days, although I'm not sure they are still giving that to her. she appears to be getting better each day. She has also had some hallucinations in the last few days as well - not all the time, but "at times." very disconcerting to say the least. her sodium is low so maybe that has something to do with it.

Not sure if I had mentioned in a previous post, but cyclosporine sustained her with Aplastic Anemia for years. not sure with MDS, if that is such a viable option - or long term solution.

On the longer term front, take a look at this link. http://investor.pharmion.com/phoenix...815&highlight=

There is continued longer term investigations / trials taking place with other drugs . . . one showing some promise here is called MGCD0103. Another doctor, closer to you, that I've read has done some research in the MDS arena is Dr. Steven Gore at John Hopkins in Maryland. At this point, exploring every avenue, overturning every stone, is worth looking into.

Best wishes -