A free one-day patient conference will be held in Las Vegas, NV on Saturday, April 22, 2017. The conference, hosted by the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF), is one of six one-day patient conferences
The conference is for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families, for people who want information about the related diseases of AML, CMML, MPNs, PRCA, and GVHD, and for medical professionals who care for these patients.
The conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on AA/PRCA, MDS/AML/CMML/MPNs, and PNH, as well as sessions on transplants, genetics, and wellness issues, and professionally-facilitated support sessions with your peers.
Conference attendance is free. Breakfast and lunch are included. Discounted hotel rates are available to those who want to stay overnight. There will a Friday Night Social the evening before the conference.
Come hear the latest information about diagnosis, treatment, and medical research from leading experts, including these physicians:
- Dr. Raoul Tibes, Mayo Clinic Phoenix
- Dr. Jeanne Palmer, Mayo Clinic Phoenix
- Dr. Delva Deauna-Limayo, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System
- Dr. Majeb Abuhajir, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System
Patients and family members will also be able to
AA&MDSIF Patient and Family Conference: Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS, or PNH
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
- attend professionally-facilitated support sessions
Saturday, April 22, 2017, 8:30am to 3:30pm
Check-in begins at 8:00am.
Embassy Suites Convention Center Las Vegas (Google map)
3600 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89169
Discounted hotel rates are available through Thursday March 30, 2017.Hotel parking is free. The hotel does not have an airport shuttle.
Phone: 888-243-9146 or 702-947-7166 (mention "AA&MDSIF Patient Family Conference")
Online Hotel Reservations
See other hotel information on the AA&MDSIF event page.
Use the online Conference Registration Form to register for the conference.
If you plan to attend this conference, post in this thread to let other attendees know to look for you!
For more information see the AA&MDSIF event page.
After the conference, let us know what you thought of the event.