View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 08:03 AM

Macrobiotic Healing....

I too know of someone who cured herself oF AML thru Macrobiotics...her name is Christina Pirello--she is an author and has a pbs tv show Christina Cooks (www.christinacooks.com) She's amazing...check her out...
I have met her personally and she had AML at age 26--she is now in her early 50's. She inspired me to go macrobiotic back in March......when I felt I could do nothing to cleanse the multitudes of posions that had accumulated in me from chemo and sepsis and antibiotics galore!

I was 99% devout until recently, when neutropenia cut back on my fresh veggie intake....but I still will never go back to eating meat. I've flirted with some dairy recently, and my body makes it clear...stay away!
It did not cure me, but it made me strong enough to continue the fight. My hypoglycemia, from age 15, is GONE! My allergies are GONE!
No meat, dairy, caffeine,white sugar, white flour, processed foods, artificial sweeteners...sound impossible? No, but it does take some reading and some help and some discpline. I thought I had a healthy diet too.
Cancer thrives on sugar and acid. This diet corrects both. IT CAN"T HURT YOU!!!!!!!!! It is based on clean whole healthy foods, and is a lifestyle that you can delve in as deep or far as you wish, or not. I just makes sense.
I think eating clean is one thing we have all forgotten...the ways our parents and granparents ate. Fast food/restaurants didn't exist. It is scary how much poison is in our foods, and how toxic our environment and lifestyles have become.
I choose to eat this way because it can only help me in the fight...the less my body has to work on junk I put in it, the more it can fight the bad guys!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly