View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 07:18 PM

Thank you that explains a lot. I read (but didn't comprehend) a research abstract on copper transport and learnt that copper uses a methylation pathway as well. In my own mind I have been linking my MTHFR mutation with my copper problem but when I mentioned this to the Metabolic Medicine doctor he discounted any relationship.

So little is known about the basic methodology of metal and vitamin metabolism that I take the doctors denial of a relationship with a grain of salt because even he admitted that his knowledge was limited.

I will try to ask my current Physician to look at the B vitamins and their relationship to bone marrow disorders and copper. Give him some homework so to speak.

Co incidentally, I also have/had Vit D deficiency. I don't know the numbers but I was put on two capsules a day for a number of months in 2010. The haematologist wrote a letter to my GP saying that my Vit D level was significantly low. I had another test in beginning of 2011 which still showed "extremely low" levels. I continued the Vit D for another three or four months then it was stopped. I've never had another level taken. Maybe it's time for another Vit D test.

Regards

Chirley