View Single Post
Old Fri May 1, 2015, 03:53 PM

Mike G Has Relapsed

Since my last post, I've learned that my cancer is back only 87 days after transplant. My bone marrow doctor says that I'm back to the initial point prior to the transplant and there is nothing left to offer me but Vidaza (Azacitidine) five days out of every month for the rest of my life.

Bone Marrow transplants don't cure everyone and I'm one of the ones it didn't cure but a transplant is still a good option to pursue when you consider the alternatives.

Everyone has an unknown amount of time on the earth starting with their birth. None of us know how long but one of every two men and one of every three women will be touched by cancer in their lifetime.

Modern medicine can recognize some of these cells that reproduce incorrectly and go wild early enough to cure or extend our lives with a much improved quality than we if we acquired these conditions ten years ago.

I encourage everyone to find a well respected cancer center and comply with everything they ask you to do to save or extend your life.
Myelodysplastic Syndrome High Grade, R-IPSS intermediate risk, complex cytogenetics - 45XY, -5,-9,add12(p11.2), -15, -17, -5, add(19), +4mar[2]/43, idem, add 12(p11.2), -17 [2], 46XY [16], Diagnosed 8/4/2014, Allogeneic stem cell transplant: 02/03/2015