View Single Post
Old Sun May 3, 2015, 06:26 PM

Note to Bailie

I'm at the point where I'm back to my original prognosis before the bone marrow transplant - 6 months to a year. I additionally now have the ongoing battle of graft versus host which just makes me feel a little crappy each day. I'm trying to determine what the expected quality of life will be for me as this condition advances. I already received doses of Busulfan and Fludarabine during my conditioning before the transplant. With such a poor prognosis, I don't think I want to go through anything like that again.

I'm going to continue on with Vidaza chemotherapy 5 consecutive days of each month as I've been advised and make decisions based on the progression of the disease.

Johnwc - I wouldn't let this discourage you, everyone's cancer is different and everyone responds differently. I met people during my transplant followup who are alive and well 10 and 15 years later.
Myelodysplastic Syndrome High Grade, R-IPSS intermediate risk, complex cytogenetics - 45XY, -5,-9,add12(p11.2), -15, -17, -5, add(19), +4mar[2]/43, idem, add 12(p11.2), -17 [2], 46XY [16], Diagnosed 8/4/2014, Allogeneic stem cell transplant: 02/03/2015