View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 25, 2016, 10:34 AM

Thank you everyone for getting back to me! I'm realizing this is more of an art than a science. We did end up transfusing, she was 5.7 Hg, but was still feverish for about four days afterwards. The highest her fever got was 100.2°F. We ended up going into the emergency to see if this was a long standing infection, but we ended up checking out and just seeing her regular doctor. He took blood and we should get the results today, but when I last checked her results I did see that her platelets and white blood count is lower, this is the lowest her platelets have been I think since I've started tracking them, 130, which I know is still quite good, but they plummeted by about 150 in a week. It's good to know that the fever probably lowered them, but I am concerned if perhaps she also has a new mutation. She does feel better now, we will see what the blood results say today or tomorrow, when I spoke with the doctor about Revlimid he was hesitant since her white count are already so low, plus she is hypo-cellular, but said we can try at a low dose, 2.5 mg. Is that enough to even be effective? I'm also starting to consider doing iron chelation, she must be at about 1400 at this point.
Anna, daughter of Raisa age 63; dx MDS 5q- Jan 2013; receiving transfusions, no other treatment, white and platelets stable but Hg dropping; p53 mutation; started taking Revlimid Jan 2017 5mg every other day, Hg went up but since June 2018 has been steadily decreasing