View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 18, 2008, 03:01 PM

Two children with AA - going to hopefully see Dr. Young at NIH

Hi..thanks for all the responses. We have only been in our home for three years. Its a new home and no granite in the house. We went in today because Jalen (the older one) needed platelets today. I told them that I wanted to see Dr. Young at NIH and they agreed that it would be a good idea. They are in the process of sending Dr. Young all the ppwk. We have done every single test imaginable with Jordan (the younger one). Again, Jordan is doing great and we are tapering off the cyclo. I'm still concerned that we may be doing it too fast. In October it will be a year since his first round of ATG which he responded very well to. The times we have decreased the cyclo his counts have gone up a little bit.
As for Jalen we are still have the major issue over football. He really wants to play and I think he could practice tonight because he got platelets today. I want to keep his life as normal as possible and I think taking it away completely may do more harm. We are very positive people and tell the boys they have to fight whatever this is and not let it stop their lives.
I can't believe we are going through this all over again!
Marilin