View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 3, 2013, 08:45 PM

Thank you Scott & Neil. Good to know Bactrim is regularly used for AA patients post SCT.

Scott, I'll be on the anti viral for 1 year post SCT, the anti fungal I think for 3 months(or maybe that one is 75 days) the antibiotic preventative for likely 6 months, another drug called Ursodial for 6 months, and 2 immunosuppressant drugs for at least 6 months. So many meds, but I definitely take em every day.

I was on Levoquin until my ANC was over 500 and then at 1 month they automatically switch patients typically to Bactrim even if the ANC is normal, once they see counts in a range where they feel comfortable having patients start it. The antibiotics make me nervous because I know that before transplant they definitely negatively impacted my counts, but I know I have to take em, and I guess just hope that the donor cells won't be impacted like mine were. I seem to feel OK with these, it's the immunosuppressants, MMF & Cyclosporine, which seem to bothere-mostly the MMF.

Last edited by dfantle : Thu Mar 7, 2013 at 02:00 PM.