View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2011, 09:33 PM

Thanks all! I appreciate the messages. Neil, we are in discussion with the doctors on the next steps, we saw absolutely no results last year with prednisone, but did have complications, so we are hesitant to go that path again. The dr. wants to wait to see all the final results of the biopsy before we decide what's next - we should know some time this week. He had discussed going straight to cyclosporine again, or some combination.

As triumphe64 notes, we do get the comment of not very common a lot! Our doctor at Mayo has seen PRCA before and has been referring back to the main campus in MN, but we realized last year how rare it was when our local hemotologist basically said he could not do anything other than follow the treatment plan Mayo layed out - he has never seen a case like this and basically told us at that point how rare it was.

I am looking forward to the conference and picking up some informaiton in regards to the iron overload - already saw a few things that might be helpful!

I'll keep a look out then for both Deb and triumphe64 post for additional insights! thank you all!
Renee, wife of Brian age 44; dx Prca 2009 & possibly CLL, w/iron overload; treated with prednisone, cyclosporine, rituxan/cytoxan, Exjade & Desferal; spleen removed ‘10; currently transfusion dependant w/iron overload; on Exjade & pending next step in treatment. Patient at Mayo Clinic, Jax, FL.