View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 2, 2013, 03:26 PM

PRCA

I have PRCA official dx since 12/2011. Mine is definitely due to Parvo Virus infection that was not detected. I have been taking Cyclosporine 200 mg/day and prednisone 20mg/day for 2 mos. now but no progress. Mr. Triumphe helped a lot with info. I am making an appt with Dr. M at Cleveland Clinic. I am also trying to get appt. with NIH. Mayo is a good clinic but I think Dr Neal Young has done a lot of researched already on these illnesses. I was suggesting to my local Dr. to see if I can get more IVIG tx due to the cause of my illness is virus infection. IVIG can boost immune system and may or may not help because currently my Parvo virus test by PCR is negative. IVIG is expensive and so not considered due to negative Parvo virus test result. I have been tempted to stop all the meds and try to boost my immune system by food, supplements, shark oil liver but I do not know if it is the right decision to go. I am just saying based on the source of my illness is due to virus infection, normally they want you to rest, proper nutrition, supplements to boost immune system. Right now with my medications, my immune system is suppressed. After finding out that I have no more Parvovirus infection and I was not taking any meds, my Hemoglobin went up for few weeks. I had PET scan last October 2012, negative, that may mean I have no LGL.