View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 27, 2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeb111 View Post
Dad just diagnosed with Myelodysplasia RAEB-2 Refractgory Anemia with Excess Blasts-2. 65 years old. Any information regarding; treatement life expectancy, what to expect from disease...etc. Had C-cell Lymphoia 18 years ago and prostate cancer 10 years ago.
Hi there! My husband was diagnosed with MDS/ RAEB-2 last year. He is 61 years old. He underwent 5 days of chemo, followed by total body irradiation, and then a stem cell transplant from a related donor (his brother) in October 2010, and is doing great! Prior to his diagnosis of RAEB-2, he was not sick with anything. They found a problem with his blood counts when he had to have a minor surgery last February. He was never on transfusions or had any prior treatment for this disease. We went right from diagnosis to transplant in just a few short months. Hang in there. One of the big symptoms of this disease is the tiredness. It is awful to have no energy to do anything. It is amazing the things they can do now. If I can help in any way or answer questions for you, let me know.