View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 8, 2008, 08:09 PM

Pop Up Date 10/08/2008

Hello,

Pop is hanging in there. He did not get any blood product this week; however, he did get his chemo. He was boarder line on stats, so they opted not to give him any. His days are spent watching t.v. and sleeping in bits day and night. He has not been able to sleep a full night for a long time. The sweats keep getting him up. Mom changes the sheets 3 times a night. The chemo is still burning his skin due to the amount his body had absorbed, and his liver count is climbing every test. Like I said, the doctor stated without the chemo, or the blood as a set, he has got weeks.

He is setting goals for the holidays again, but he is so miserable. Mom and I told him he can let go if he wants. We tell him we do not want him to be miserable and in discomfort. He also is getting the pain, pressure in his chest, but much worse now and all the time. His headaches are also 24/7 now.

I had to do some rebuilding and welding on his tractor. It has been down for 2 weeks now. I am hoping he can take another spin when it is back together. He has been on it last month a couple of times, but not for long. He figures he can die anywhere. Have not seen him drive lately, but I have seen mom go solo a few times. I am glad he has limited his driving. He has mentioned his eye sight is getting worse and his eyes hurt all the time.

I guess to sum it up, pop is bad off. The discomfort level is very high. He tries to blow it off, but he just can't anymore. I just want him to be comfortable.

Will hear from me in 2 weeks.

Scott
Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.