View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 01:25 AM

Failed attempt

Went thru all the hassle of admission to the hospital for implant of new port past Monday morning. 7am, aagghh. All for nothing. Turns out Nellie's counts to low for procedure. So Dr Morris orders new stent placed in the arm again after removing the last one just a week ago. So far unable to talk with the Doc to ask what was the logic in that. Have you guys seen a stent? I saw the one they removed last week and it's no joke. Must be 18 inches long. Into a vein. Gasp. And it's not over. Soon we try again for a new port.

Turns out those blisters Nellie had, (they seem to have almost cleared up.) was a staff infections that I believe was CS MRSA. They had some other name for it, not sure what it was. Frequent washing, drying and covering with bacterium cream seemed to do the trick. Platlets had dropped to 15 with Hgl down to 8.9. WBC at 3.5. Well we have to see the Doc on Tuesday. Hopefully this crises is over and her counts will improve enough to continue treatment. I still think another BMB is in order, but have not convinced the Doc. Will discuss again on Tues. Keep up with the prayers. Nice knowing you are there.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.