View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 5, 2012, 11:32 AM

Smile He's strong in the 'heart'

Brigitta;
The units he will receive on Tuesday will make a total of 160 units of blood since the middle of August last year - that's when I started counting. He had received many more prior to that - but not as often - and at that time they were attributing it to his APS - Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome, or as it is known in England - Hughes Syndrome.
I say he is strong in the heart - because we danced during the concert when they were playing Color My World since he knows it is a very special song for us, and probably more so for me. He was all in by the time the night was over, but we made it, and that's what's important.
He is my love, my life, my best friend, my partner, and my loving husband. I know he is fighting for me - but I also know that there comes a time when I will have to say goodbye - and I am just not ready for that yet. Selfish, I know - but honest for sure.
He is geting Desferal after every tx - and they are trying to have Exjade approved by eiter the state coverage, or through the Veterans Admininstration. The hema'onc says that the increased iron can cause the pain in his joints, since that is one of the places the iron/ferritin deposits. So - it is a hurry up and wait game again.
Thanks Briggita - you are a love!

Beth