View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 6, 2012, 07:54 AM

Tap Water, cont.

Hi Again;
Just as an aside to my prior post - when I was getting my Bachelor of Science in Nursing my senior nursing research project was on the high incidnce of cancer in Lawrence County New Castle, PA. I did a random study of the city people - cucasians, asias, blacks, middle eastern, etc, as well as different religious backgrounds. In the city proper - one in three had suffered some type of cancer. When you moved out to the 3 townships that surround/adjoin the city - some of which had city water - it dropped to one in six - and when you went out farther yet - the other 3 school districts that surround the previous 3 - all had well water or bottled water - and the cancer incidence dropped to one in 20 - and the only commonality among everyone was water. I was even able to speak to some Amish families. So - the farther you got away from the city water supply - the less chance of developing cancer.
Both Earl and I were raised in the townships around New Castle, but when we were growing up - we still had wells. The sewer/water supply didn't get there until I was avout 16, and it still has not gotten all the way to where Earl was raised.

Last edited by milliken2 : Mon Aug 6, 2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: misspelled word