View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 22, 2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitta-A View Post
Four weeks after I started to take Thalidomide my platelets increased to 43 from 22 and now after 6 months they are between 70 and 80.
That sounds wonderful. How long do you think will Thalidomide work? Are there any studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitta-A View Post
As far as I have understood they looked for both increased fibrosis and blast cells during the trials with Nplate and in several cases the blast cells decreased when Nplate was stopped.
Is it really proved that they looked also for increased fibrosis during the trials with Nplate/MDS? As there is nothing mentioned in the study reports we cannot be sure..

As i remember this decreasing of blasts happenend after cessation of Nplate only after a short intake-period and nobody knows if this reversible-effect would also work after blast encreasing after a longer period of NPlate.

I wonder how it could happen that there was a such rapid, high blast encreasing with the two MDS patients who transformed into AML without (any?) notice of the study-management. Could these transformations have been prevented during the period the blasts were increasing?

Also it seems quite strange that blasts in MDs go back after the cessation of a medication. Did you hear from such a fact earlier?

Regards,

Margarete