View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 19, 2015, 03:56 AM

Uinversity of Florida - Gainesville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rar View Post
While I have gotten good care from the VA my experience with MDS was less than satisfactory. I had MDS RAEB2 and went to the VA for an opinion. The doctor agreed with the MDS and told me the waiting list for transplants is so long that I would be dead before my number comes up. It is strange that no mention of this visit showed up on my record at my healthy vet. I hope you get better care.

Ray
Ray,
I am sorry you didn't have a better experience. I had been seeing a civilian hematologist and after many tests and visits she said "It looks like you have aplastic anemia but you should get a second opinion". I did just that. The VA sent me to the VA Hospital in Gainesville, FL. I did some research and found out some of the doctors at that hospital also work at the University of Florida Hospital - Gainesville (formerly Shands Hospital). I picked one that was board certified in hematology, oncology, and internal medicine and asked to be seen by her. I am totally satisfied with her care.

Hope you do well.

Data