View Single Post
Old Tue May 5, 2015, 10:45 PM

Mds Claim

HELLO FRIENDS!
It has been a while since I have written- 2 surgeries and a broken foot some family issues... I am sure you all know how that goes!
Once again my claim for survivor's benefits on behalf of my husband have been denied: not on the list, bone cancers not covered... I was already to call it a day when the local VA Service Rep who has been guiding/helping me for 4 years encouraged me not to. So, I have put in another appeal and will go to the Fed level and have requested a hearing. I have no doctor, expert, scientist or atty to go with me. I only have Bob's case and info, my research and David's life history.David's treating physicians wrote their letters of "as likely as not" as the VA requested and personally believe in the nexus between MDS and AO but do not have 1 specific study which 100% proves their opinions-so the VA disregarded them. The docs will not write and "argument" response stating that it won't make any difference....what can I say?

I am hanging on, will continue to do my best and present my claim. As always all and any support is appreciated.
Bob keep me posted especially of your decision I probably have another 2 years ahead of me. If your case is settled in your favor, will that raise MDS to the second (of the 4 levels) to be considered for further research to be included on the presumptive illness list?
God Speed everyone,,,barb