View Single Post
Old Wed May 13, 2015, 01:38 PM

BOB

Keep that encouragement comin'!!!
My denial included that IF MDS is a bone cancer the Sect of VA has ruled out all bone cancers!...I wanted to scream!!! Also the denial clearly supports the overall BIG problem of complete inadequate research to prove a claim either way. It certainly feels like a "too bad, so what" response from the VA. The overall number of MDS patients is increasing in North America which should support a catalyst for more focused research studies on cause. With more patients the cost of care increases; generally this is an "old man's illness" AND people are living longer...simple equation.

I have used several of your research articles, professionals' statement and comments for reference in my appeal. I am not disputing the bone cancer/blood disorder/bone marrow injury consequence. I am addressing the claim of the unknown, lack of understanding and knowing on the part of all parties to actually prove there is not a relationship between AO and MDS.
There are studies which you have cited and facts i have discovered that supports the possibility..the 'probable value' of that information is being weighed by people with lack of full knowledge: why? BECAUSE THE RESEARCH IS MINIMAL IF ANY. That is what I discovered in my research to 'prove' a nexus, the big problem is inadequate research in the causes and that is the gap to be addressed. Then a better certainty could honestly be decided.

Keep me posted and I will do the same. I hope you are doing well. Foot healed, fell again and sprained knee with small frax of patella...balance just doesn't get better!
barbara