View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 18, 2015, 01:24 PM

Hi HopeW, we are all sorry to hear of your issues. I had a BMT 4 yrs ago for classic PNH, so no blasts, no AA, but 4 bone marrow biops, many meds, etc etc. A BMT is a very involved process as you prob alrdy know. A suitable donor needs to be located, but you will also require numerous scans and tests for heart function, kidney and liver function, etc etc. The BMT center will prob be dependant on your insurance provider, where you live, etc. I had an HMO at the time of my transplant, so they did some things, and some testing was done by another clinic that is affiliated w/ the hospital where the actual inpatient facility is located. I have read that hospitals associated with medical schools are usually a good choice, but in my situation, everything assoc w/ the actual BMT was done at a large metropolitan hospital. It's overwhelming in many respects, but I did it, and many more have done it as well. Many of us here are happy to help you through this.

I found this when searching monosomy 7. Acc to this info, which of course is not the same as asking an actual medical doctor, it seems that these issues are poss inherited/ genetic/ related to your MDS, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanconi_anemia

Mario