View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:02 PM

Hi, Neil,
Thank you very much for your kindness and the valuable information.
They already scheduled me for the pre BMT evaluation next Wednesday 23rd and they said they would do the lung function, heart function and other test as well. I am afraid that they assumed I will do transplant at their place, which I am not sure because this is the only one I had seen and I haven't seek for second opinion yet.

I don't know if they will get offended if I cancel the evaluation. Because if no other center wants to treat me, I might eventually have to do it here.

I already have ferritin level 3500+ from lots of transfusions. I haven't been able to get Exjade and the local hematologist refused to give me IV desferal with transfusion no matter what evidences I provided. (He is already very resentful of me and threat to see me any more)

My insurance is BSBC PPO,I think it should cover the BMT in other centers.

I need to think about how to talk to them.

My relatives are all overseas so this makes me even harder because I have nobody here to turn to and to take care of my son. Life is just so hard.

Thank you again for your help.

HopeW
41yo Female, AA with digestive problem in May 2005, hATG+Cyclosporine no response, 11/2005 SLE diagnosed, Cellcept+pred, digest resolved, but still tx, 5/2008,shingles and IV pred, stop cellcept, tx free until 5/2015, MDS EB1, Marrow blast 9%, Monosomy 7