View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 20, 2015, 05:25 PM

Some update

Hello, my dear friends. I got a lot comfort and encouragement from u all.
I was given IV antibiotic ceferpime yesterday for a day and my white count (0.7->0.4)and platelet (48->26)decreased to half of where they were. Red was down almost 3 points too. Any of you had problems with this antibiotics? The fever is still there, this morning it went up to 102.5 at around 9:30 am and they let me took some tylenol,although in the early morning at 7:30am I already took prednisone. Then I sweat and the fever was gone at 11.
So far chest x-Ray is clear, urine and blood culture are negative(they said need more time to have result)
CT scan was ordered for abdomen discomfort.
Got really frustrated. They might want to transfer me to the medical hospital where they want to do BMT evaluation for me, because I see my rheumatologist there for 8 years, although the local hematologist still insist that he had every resources as them and don't need any advice from them(:<.

Neil, thank you for your kindness.
Dan, your advice is very valuable, I will be more careful in the future.

Cheryl, the blast is for marrow or blood? I don't have this high heart beat 100+ before though.
41yo Female, AA with digestive problem in May 2005, hATG+Cyclosporine no response, 11/2005 SLE diagnosed, Cellcept+pred, digest resolved, but still tx, 5/2008,shingles and IV pred, stop cellcept, tx free until 5/2015, MDS EB1, Marrow blast 9%, Monosomy 7