View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 17, 2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaka View Post
I am very frustrated today. The doctor said that he wouldn't give my mother Neupogen or platelets. She is getting two units of whole blood today.

The doctor said that Neupogen is not used for MDS patients, but I am sure that when she had pneumonia they gave her that shot and platelets. I am very confused and depressed.

Yaka
Yaka, Paul was diagnosed in July 2012 with MDS. Shortly after diagnosis, he was prescribed Neupogen and G-CSF. Together, they have certainly helped to keep his WBC and RBC out of trouble. Platlets also increased last CBC from 24 to 40 for no unknown reason other than perhaps they because his other cells did not have to work so hard!! The injections along with anti-viral and anti-fungal tablets are the only medications used to 'keep him ticking over' until that perfect perfect marrow match becomes available.
Sandi, partner of Paul 62, diagnosed MDS Intermediate 2; July 2012. Pancytopenia, Cytogenetics -7 +8 Chromosomes. Low Blast cell count. Currently on EPO & G-CSF and having great response. MUD found will be admitted to Royal Perth Hospital 27 March 2013 to start SCT process.