View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 18, 2012, 06:01 AM

Hi Sand I & Yaka,
In last 6 months my neutrophils have reached an all time high of .72 but mainly around the .2 mark especially for last 2-3 months and my WBC has been sitting around .8 . In all this time I have never been given a neupogen shot or any anti -viral or amtifungal medication. At first my doctor said no neupogen because have only had one severe infection needing hospitalisation and wanted to see if vidaza was working.When I asked again this week he said neupogen is only covered under PBS if I have a fever. In this time I have several bouts of oral thrush and a few courses of antibiotics for persistent sinus infections but absolute no fevers! Pretty good considering I have 2 children and am in constant contact with others! Interesting how different doctors prescribe different things. but maybe they have same guidelines where you are Yaka as in your mum could have neupogen when your mum had an infection but not just as a precaution?? Not sure about platelets though. But I guess the less transfusions she has the less likely she will become refractory to them?? Small comfort maybe??