View Single Post
Old Tue May 8, 2012, 06:15 AM

It seems like your white count is the lowest and most severe cytopenia. Have you asked your doctor about white blood cell growth factors? I don't really know much about growth factors, I'm sure other members on the forum could help you with that. I would think your doc would want to raise your white count and neutrophils so you could avoid being hospitalized again.

It must be hard to have two doctors giving you conflicting opinions. Maybe you could seek another opinion from a different doctor?

Wait and watch mode is frustrating, but it does seem to be what hematologists recommend for many of us with bone marrow failure because it is most prudent when the treatments make you feel worse than you feel without them. It is true that many treatments initially make your counts worse too.

Googling for translations is certainly difficult! I have tried myself and have gotten very confused. I also happen to be lucky that one of my friends at Uni is a medical doctor and is researching cancer, so he reads everything to me and breaks it down to layman's language. I'm glad if I could help you translate.

Kind regards,

Catherine