View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 9, 2016, 06:46 PM

If at first you don't succeed...

Hi all - It's official - I'm scheduled to go into the hospital for a second transplant on 9/22, Just over a year from the first.

They'll be using different drugs for my conditioning - and my brother is healthy enough to be the donor this time. We also plan to use Vidaza as a maintenance drug post transplant - maybe with Veneteclex. We couldn't do any maintenance last time because my counts took so long to rise. Last time we weren't able to get as many stem cells as would have been optimal - which likely contributed to the long time it took to engraft and to build up my blood counts. Also hoping I'll have less problem with GVHD since its my brother compared with a MUD female.

So - still positive - still faithful and still appreciate all the support I've received from this board. With God's grace I'll be skiing again in March.

So, here we go again...
Best to all.
p
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015