View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 2, 2017, 10:28 AM

Your nutrition update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom30 View Post
An update on what has been working for me FWIW. Most of what I do is picked from what others have found helpful on this forum.

I settled on a mostly paelo diet (no processed foods) and use a nutribullet to make 2x 24oz green smoothies a day. I use mixed greens, tomato's, cellery, carrots, cucumber, baby peppers and a small amount of mixed berries, tumeric root, ginger root, garlic clove.

vitamins and supplements- b12, multi, b6, magnesium, zinc, d3, mk7,fish oil, ginko.

run 4 miles a day outside.

stress reduction went out the window with new job and tinnitus so I can't say I've got anything that works for me with that right now. Against my better judgement I started drinking wine this year after not having alcohol since 2009. I have to get back on track with taking that out of the equation.

Was at Hematologist this week and my blood counts are ok and while my condition is not normal he does not know what the cause is, he believes it is autoimmune related based on my past history, when I first went to him he was thinking MDS/BM failure. My counts have been steady over the last 2 years.
My counts from back in 2010 were wbc 2.5, rbc 3.8, plt 75-, mcv 98
Currently ----------------------------wbc 3.2, rbc 4.32, plt 112, mcv 101.
thank you for posting your list of foods and supplements. Are you getting better with higher blood counts? Good for you for taking charge of your health. My dad has MDS and wish he'd do the same.