Thread: Day 110
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 01:01 PM

Options...

Dear Laura,

So sorry to here your latest news. Of course, when the doctor comes back, perhaps it will be better than expected. Let me also share that my secretary had a 16.5cm tumor of her pancreas, it had began 2 yrs prior when she had some gut problems. Long story short, she had another doc that took specific interest in her condition and she started with an ultrasound, which located the tumor. She was then referred to Emory University (Atlanta, GA) for surgery. They removed 85% of her pancrease and within the tumor it was cancerous, but, they were able to remove enough of it that they also had a clean slide during surgery, so, no additional chemo was required. Along with the pancrease, they removed spleen, gallbladder and part of stomach due to the large tumor having wrapped around her organs.

Now, I'm NOT tell you all of this to scare you, I'm relaying a success story that seems far worse than what you're looking at, and yes, there is still hope! You've been through so much Laura and I'm so sorry you're still having to go through more... just know that there is still treatment once an accurate diagnosis is made. (Your Doctors are on top of your situation!) and, I would doubt your tumor, if you have one would even come close to what she had.

Oh, and our secretary is back working, 6 mons after surgery. She's doing absolutely great! She just sent me an "IM" because I asked her how big her tumor was? She wants to know why I'm asking, lol. Now, let me update her that her story can be an inspiration to others!

Chin Up! Will keep you in my prayers!
Cindy
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.