View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 5, 2009, 09:19 AM

Vidaza vs. Transplant

Hi,

I know just what you are saying but, especially now while you feel well, it is time to listen to your Drs... I was lulled into a false sense of security with Revlimid for about a year and a half. I had very minimal side effects with it and then out of the blue....just before Thanksgiving this year my counts dropped significantly. It was quite a shock. I also acquired a new abnormality that changed my diagnosis. Since November had another BMBX and have received several other Drs. opinions and have been told that my blasts have also jumped from less than 5 a year ago to the 10-12 range. I began the Vidaza the day after Christmas and have just completed round 2. I rec'd mine in the abdomen as well... will have another BMBX to see if there is any remarkable decrease (slight chance, usually can take several more rounds but we don't want to take that time or chance) and then head to Houston for further therapy and SCT. Time is of the essence as the higher the blasts climb your %'s for successful transplant change, as well as the chance that your abnormalities can change. I will be heading out next month for a allogeneic transplant. My brother is my donor. A true blessing! At our age we need to act quickly while we have no other health complications. This will greatly improve our chances of a successful outcome! Try and be brave, I know the fears...I have them too...get several opinions, read all you can from the reliable current sites and think future!!! You have one of the very best Ctrs. in the nation in your backyard and what a perfect place for another opinion. I am here if you ever want to visit...

Last edited by flowerlady : Thu Feb 5, 2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: phrasing