View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 9, 2016, 10:19 AM

Well said, Dan. Data, as you realize, we are all different in our situations. My situation (RAEB II) was that without a SCT I would be lucky to live seven or eight months and it would not have been a "quality" seven or eight months. I can understand your thoughts if someone would have told me that I would have had a quality two years, but all of the information I read that would have been impossible to guarantee. I was a math major in college and the numbers just weren't there to accept a short period of "quality" for the possibility of longer term of life. From what I determined that "short term" quality" could be anything but "quality". As it has turned out, these last two years have produced more quality than I thought possible. I have learned more about things from a totally different perspective than I have ever been exposed during my previous life. I will admit that I am not a "glass is half full" person. I don't develop false positives just because, but at the same time I don't let negatives diminish the effort.

I wish you all the strength to work your way through this. It is a challenge. Most of all, I appreciate the difficulties of your decisions and hope for the very best for you.