Thread: AML relapsed
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2021, 12:17 AM

AML relapsed

Hello forum friends

It's probably about a year since I posted. I had 7 months of Azacitidine for AML starting in January 2020. It was the most miserable time of my life with constant hospital admissions for rigors and fevers. I eventually developed pseudo gout in three different areas, and it was just a nightmare to be honest, but eventually in July I came into remission.

My haematologist wanted me to continue a maintenance dose of Azacitidine and I tried but it just put me back in hospital again with fevers in early September so I stopped treatment and managed to hold it in remission until maybe a month or so ago when blasts started showing up in peripheral blood results.

Now I've fully relapsed to AML with Hb down to 74 last week. Two bags of packed cells on Friday took that back up to 84 yesterday, but my platelets have dropped further to 12. White cell count yesterday was 0.7 with neuts 0.1.

I'm trying to remember what I can do naturally to raise platelets. Any ideas anyone?

I'm wondering how many of my old friends from 2011 onwards are still on the forum?

Thanks everybody ... Cheryl
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.