View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 18, 2017, 01:15 PM

Eight and one half years later

Just a heads up. Mom passed from colon cancer back in April. She had Adenocarcinoma in her breast in 1981 and after many years in remission it came back with a vengeance in her cecum and sigmoid. I had the honor of having her live with us and being her primary caregiver. Belle, now 15 and Reagan 12 this month, he will get his letter from Pop. He knows about it and is looking forward to it. The last days, Belle never left her side. Mom was her Best Friend.

I have written a book on the joys and pitfalls of being a caregiver, and once it is edited, I will let you all know. The Marrowforums posts are a big part of the book, and also following the journey with mom also. Once the final edit is complete, I will put it on Amazon.

I was glad to hear from one member not too long ago that so many have been on here to follow Pops journey. I am sure he is thrilled that he can still help.

The book? Well, being a caregiver and having a family is hard on those waiting for you to return from the duty you volunteered to do, and some may feel ignored or neglected by all the work you do for others. Please, please always communicate with your significant other and family and demand help from others. Life is sad, and hard enough without having other heartache added to it after the death of a loved one.

Communicate often with those that are your support and family.

Scott,

Always Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.