View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2016, 10:52 PM

Thanks & more medical news

My Blood Dr, says I will need a port and chemo for the positive on the JAK-2V617F mutation. She is making my surgeon and me nuts. Monday when I went in for a blood draw, the platelets were back up 800,000. She said she did not even want me having the 'minor' procedure to put in the port. Have to wait till the 5th and have another draw. Then if it is lower, she will let me get the port & possibly the remainder of my breast cancer surgery on the 15th. I am still taking the hydroxyurea 500mg but Monday, Wed & Fri, I take 2. Hope it kills lots of platelets quick, I want to get this other cancer treatment under way.

I have been thinking about not being as upset about my husband's death. God is in control and He may have saved me from my biggest fear. That my Husband would forget who I was. His memory/mind was going pretty quickly. That would have broken my heart. Not that that thought makes me miss him any the less. It just makes me realize I will not know the whole picture until after I die myself and then it won't matter. Even though he is bodily away, he is all around me. I will have to learn to live with him that way.