View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 2, 2017, 11:05 AM

Dane, I continue to read your blog with interest. I had a three lumen Neostar. You will come to appreciate it. So easy for the necessary fluid exchanges. The primary difficulty will be firstly to get used to it but that happens quickly. Secondly the protective dressing needs to be changed about every seven days (no problem). And thirdly, taking showers and keeping the dressing dry for each shower.

I can feel your experience. It is so easy in quiet moments to reflect with "what am I doing here". It is so different that anything most of us have previously experienced. The mental part of this experience should improve with time. Your caregiver will be very important for you. Hopefully you will have a back-up caregiver. You have received good advice to limit your contacts with people. You do not want even a cold through this process.