View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 5, 2008, 01:48 PM

Smile My experience with AA

Hi Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and to reply.

I'm glad to hear your views on Dr Paquette. I'm looking forward to seeing him, and even if I decide against the trial, perhaps it will be possible to have him assume care. I credit my current doc with saving my life a couple of years ago, but I think that now is a good time to see someone who has even more experience with AA.

Wow, five months in the hospital! I was going nuts after 2 weeks (somebody actually added a diagnosis of "adjustment disorder" to my records, ha!) Of course, I was in a far different situation than you.

I read your other posts, and saw that, like me, you were considering the Sirolimus for a second treatment. If you don't mind, could you share why you chose to undergo a second round of ATG, especially after your experience the first time? And, did you get the horse ATG both times? Please respond privately if you prefer. I am having serious misgivings about participating in the Sirolimus trial. I want to contribute to others that have this "orphan" disease, but only if it really helps.

Mahalo,
Bill