View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 15, 2011, 10:33 PM

Hello Neal,

Very good points you raise Neal. This is so new that I haven't even had a chance to speak to the doc yet. He knows we have a lot of questions and has given us several web sites to check out. The Leukemia Society, Nccn.com and emedicine. From google, I found several others and know that not all are current and lots of convoluted info to weed through. Which is why I am very glad to have found a place where people have first hand knowledge and willing to share.

We will get copies of cbc and biopsy next week when he goes for more labs. Eric works in same building as his doc and luckily his doc has open door policy. I think he wanted us to check out the web sites and process so we knew what to ask.

Even after reading all the info, I'm still not sure I know all the questions to ask but will start writing them out to prepare. If you have any suggestions on a list of questions to ask, I'm all "ears"...

His doc had told him that for now he would monitor him every 3 months but as you pointed out, that doesn't seem to be very proactive. Although, I am personally not a big proponent of drugs and would rather look into holistic approach, this is not about me.

I just assumed that the doc meant because he is early stages he would not do anything to treat but you are saying he should be treating the low blood counts. And that is precisely the kind of info I need and I can't thank you enough for leading me in the right direction. It makes alot of sense since it seems to me that this disease is a double edge sword in that it's not just an advanced symptom of disease but the very real threat of infection with a low to non existent immune system.

I haven't yet requested the info packet as I figured most of the info can be found on various web sites, but will defer to your expertise.

Thanks again for being here.