View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 11, 2008, 06:59 AM

Sorry you not feeling well

Hello Chirley,

I am sorry that you are not feeling well. I have reviewed your blogs, and still have not seen a platelet or a hemoglobin count. When Pop's platelets started getting low, he would hit "plateau's". At these, he would have bouts of fatigue and would sleep. After a few days his body would adjust, and he would be good until the next drop.

Chirley, if you are a candidate for a transplant, please take the opportunity. My father was never able to have a transfusion, due to the complexity of his issue. As it was explained to me, bone marrow transplants are fairly quick, yes, there will be discomfort; however, the pat off would be not feeling like you do; furthermore, if you have sisters and brothers, there is more of an opportunity there.

I would also be curious about your red blood cell shape. Pop's went from a tear drop to a spear. This will make you extremely anemic, due to the loss of ability to exchange oxygen properly.

Keep us posted, and I will keep thinking of you. As far as the chocolate theory, well if that was the case, my wife would have no platelets left... ha, ha. I sure am brave when she is not around.

Write me.

Scott

Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.