View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 14, 2008, 04:24 AM

Lost my cool !!

Hi,

I have to admit to bad thoughts and foul language.

Last night I went to bed about 10pm, read my new book (Marley and Me) until about 11pm then decided it was time for sleep. After all, I have to get up at 4.30 am for work. I was just starting to drift off to sleep when the local council roadwork gang arrived and started ripping up the bitumen off the road in front of my house. They had 5 gravel trucks and a big machine that melts the bitumen then digs it up and shoots it into the back of the trucks. Every time a truck reversed into position I had the beep, beep, beep of the reversing alarm and all the vehicles had oscillating yellow alert lights. This went on until after I had left for work.

I will admit to going out into the middle of the road in my pyjamas and fluffy slippers at 2am and yelling obscenities at the workers. It didn't work, they kept on working any way. I gave up and jumped in my car, drove a couple of blocks away and tried to get some sleep by putting my seat down. It was very uncomfortable and a bit cold so at about 3.30 am I gave up, went home and made breakfast.

I am suspicious that they are coming back tonight to re lay the bitumen. I feel very embarrassed that I lost my cool last night but I think it would test the patience of a saint.

I am incredibly tired, Hb of 72 and about half an hour of very broken sleep and then a busy day at work. Back to work at 4.30 am again tomorrow.

AARRRGGHH

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion