View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 1, 2020, 10:50 AM

Update on itching

Well, the itching continues and so it was not the Retacrit. We then decided to stop the prophylactic Bactrim and it seemed to offer some relief, though itching at night was horrible. I am taking Benadryl every 4 hours and Xanax .25 at bedtime, still needing to take it again about 2 a.m. After some thinking we realized that my husband changed detergents 2 to 3 weeks ago, so now in the process of returning to old detergent and rewashing everything. On a good note, tho neutrophils only went to .6,Vidaza was restarted this week at 50% and Retacrit was restarted. platelets dropped a bit to 117 but hg stayed at 9.2. So, I have had much more energy this past two weeks and thinking positively again, even as I continue to itch! Hoping the numbers don’t bottom out in the next two weeks, as I really dislike the transfusions.
Positive energy and light to all dealing with this nasty disease.
Mer, 77 yo f, patient; diagnosed MDS RAEB2, 12% blasts in Oct. 2019, currently on Vidaza, Retacrit, 2 completed tx, 3rd infusion at 50% due to low numbers at nadir, on prophylactic Bactrim for 0 neutrophils, Dx due to itching, monthly transfusions Nov,Dec. Feb #s at normal except for hg at 9.6...!