Thread: Revlimid
View Single Post
Old Mon May 25, 2009, 10:30 AM

zofran

Hi Vera,
I, too, get vidaza. I'd like to ask you about the antinausea meds you take. I have been taking anzemet. Although it does help with the nausea, the drug makes me extremely tired. This makes work difficult as often times I have to get my vidaza before work. How does the zofran affect you? I am beginning my 4th year on vidaza. It's the only chemo I've ever been given. So far, it has managed to keep me in remission. I have a bmb coming up soon, I think to guage the progression of this disease. Also, do you get skin burns from the shots? I was taking it as an IV for awhile, but was having trouble with my veins, so they switched me back to shots. I always get blisters on the site which peel the week after treatment. Just wondering if you have any similar kind of reaction. Thanks for your help and glad to hear you are doing so well.
Kathy
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease